Creepy but Effective, Retargeting Works!
You have probably noticed ads for something you’ve been looking at following you around the Internet once you’ve left a website. How does that work?
You are doing some online shopping and see something you really like but decide against buying it. While scrolling through a different site, you see the same item on your sidebar. You go to yet another site and see the item again, this time in the banner ad at the top of the page. After seeing that item three or four times, you know you have to buy it. When this happens to you, it’s called retargeting.
We’d all like to think that every single person that comes in contact with our business follows a very straight and orderly path to purchase. Someone visits our site for the first time, then fills out a form, then becomes interested in talking with a sales rep, all in one session on your website. Minutes later, the sales rep reaching out to this lead, and before you know it, the lead is becoming a customer, handing over their credit card to purchase something from your company.
But in reality, the buyer’s journey is probably not so linear. People pop over to your website then leave. Two months later, they discovered you again via a blog, or social media post, or a TV Ad. A few days after that, they decide to browse around and get educated. Maybe a week later they decide to get in touch with Sales, and it takes several more weeks of meetings and discussions to come to a decision to buy. Same end result, but the process is a little more convoluted.
So marketers need to be prepared to help their buyers through that convoluted process. One great way to do that is with retargeting ads. Unlike typical banner ads, retargeting ads are served to people who have already visited your website or are a contact in your database (like a lead or customer).
Retargeting is a successful way to build brand awareness and win back site visitors to increase the chance of a sales conversion.
Hear what our clients have to say about the success they’ve seen with retargeting and what they like best about this digital marketing solution.
- It’s reaching the right people through search retargeting
- “The prospects that call us from our search ads are looking directly for our service. I don’t feel like I’m wasting any ad dollars – and that’s a good feeling.” – Warren Phillips, Mountain Park Real Estate
- It builds their brand through website retargeting
- “So many people say ‘Oh my goash, I can’t believe how much you’re on the internet.’ They were on our webstie and they don’t realize there’s a cookie on there and you’re chasing them, they’re not chasing you.” – Bart Nye, Prime Time Party Rentals
- ChartLocal does the work for them
- “I’ve been pleased with ChartLocal. Anytime someone searches one of the keywords, which ChartLocal has identified as driving business to my firm, it retargets that person automatically.” – Michael McCready, PLLC
In the video below, see how ChartLocal Retargeting combines search retargeting and site retargeting to help you convert more customers online: