Chartlocal Security Architecture + Cloudflare
Built for WordPress, the New Advanced Security Solution Protects Digital Experiences and Enhances the Customer Experience
Leland, NC – June. 15, 2021 – ChartLocal , today announced the launch of an enterprise-class advanced security solution built from Cloudflare’s Internet performance and security solutions.
Global Security Architecture integrates ChartLocal’s platform, with Cloudflare’s managed web application firewall (WAF), advanced distributed denial of service (DDoS) mitigation, SSL/TLS encryption, and CDN across a global edge network spanning more than 70 countries to deliver secure, scalable digital experiences on WordPress.
The threats are real, but the solution is better.
Created by the leading brands in WordPress digital experiences and cloud security, ChartLocal’s Global Security Architecture is a cloud-first, high performance, advanced security solution built on Cloudflare’s intelligent network, providing the best security protection against top Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) security vulnerabilities, nefarious acts and DDoS attacks threatening to black out digital businesses. Enterprises who fail to secure their digital experiences leave themselves vulnerable to attack and will inevitably experience a negative impact on revenue, end-user engagement, brand reputation and customer churn.
Global Security Architecture key benefits:
- Protects business operations with DDoS mitigation – Protects the origin infrastructure by detecting and dropping volumetric attacks at the edge of the Cloudflare Anycast network, which provides for highly efficient network routing.
- Secures customer data with SSL/TLS encryption – Web traffic passes through the Cloudflare global network for encryption to prevent unwanted breaches, and this encryption protects sites from receiving the “not secure” label per Chrome v.68 updates.
- Ensures app and server availability with managed WAF – Identifies new attack patterns and dynamically creates new WAF rules accordingly, protecting all WAF customers from known WordPress-specific vulnerabilities and emerging threats.
- Accelerates Internet applications with Cloudflare CDN – Cloudflare’s CDN reduces latency for faster delivery and provides full resilience in the face of high traffic volume or network congestion for a greatly enhanced, more consistent experience.
Security in an insecure world
A recent string of high-profile incidents highlights the pressing need for cybersecurity.
- Privacy: A retailer’s data breach exposed the credit/debit card information and/or contact information for over 100 million customers
- Ransomware: The WannaCry attack caused worldwide damage estimated at between $1.5 to $4 billion
- Mergers & Acquisitions: A recent acquisition between a telco and a search company resulted in the latter’s valuation being steeply discounted due to a data breach
It comes then as no surprise that Gartner forecasts worldwide enterprise security spending to total $96.3 billion in 2018. Organizations are spending more on security as a result of these incidents, increased regulations, shifting buyer mindsets, awareness of emerging threats and higher levels of digital transformation across all industries necessitating greater security of customer data.
Given the potential for material operational, financial and reputational losses, cybersecurity is quickly becoming a top boardroom imperative for companies of all size. As the value of data increases, the number of breaches will rise. Given this new reality, we partnered with Cloudflare to develop a solution for our customers that secures their WordPress digital experiences, protects data, safeguards operations and keeps threats far away via the global edge network.
“There are a growing number of challenges and threats facing WordPress sites around the world,” said Chris Merritt, Chief Revenue Officer at Cloudflare. “ChartLocal’s use of Cloudflare’s services presents a unique solution for companies looking for the highest level of protection and performance across the globe.”
Cloudflare, Inc. (www.cloudflare.com / @cloudflare) is on a mission to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with each new site added. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer, named the Most Innovative Network & Internet Technology Company for two years running by the Wall Street Journal, and ranked among the world’s 50 most innovative companies by Fast Company. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Cloudflare has offices in Austin, TX, Champaign, IL, New York, NY, Washington, DC, London, and Singapore.